睡眠中心 & 睡眠实验室拨打833.234.4050
Daytime sleepiness or excessive 打鼾 can be signs of a more serious sleep disorder. Clark Regional Medical Center's 睡眠实验室 is available to help you or a loved one get a better night's sleep.
Sleep disorders that interfere with a good night’s rest are more than an annoyance—they can greatly impact your health. You may be at risk for developing serious health conditions such as:
- Heart disease
- Substance Abuse
Additionally, you may have an increased risk of a motor vehicle or workplace accident.
Our RPSGT-credentialed 睡眠实验室 technicians, our board certified sleep specialist, 神经学家, 和耳朵, nose and throat specialist help diagnose and treat:
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Problems with nighttime behaviors, such as sleep walking, night terrors, or bed wetting
What is a 睡眠实验室?
The 睡眠实验室 enables physicians to diagnose sleep disorders by administering sleep studies. Our state-of-the-art 睡眠实验室 has four spacious private rooms to make you feel right at home.
The 睡眠实验室 is staffed by Board Registered Polysomnographers and Respiratory Therapists.
The most common sleep studies are:
- Polysomnogram. This test records several body functions during sleep, including brain activity, 眼动, oxygen levels, heart rate and rhythm, cessation of breathing, 打鼾, and body muscle movements.
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT). This test measures how long it takes you to fall asleep and if the REM stage of sleep is present in a measured amount of time.
- Home 睡眠呼吸暂停 Testing (HSAT). This test requires a portable monitoring unit that patients take home overnight for diagnosis of sleep apnea.
Sleep study appointments are available Monday through Saturday nights. To make an appointment call (833) 234-4050 选项2.
About Our 睡眠实验室
The 睡眠实验室 at 克拉克诊所 MOB B is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Healthcare, 公司. (ACHC). This accreditation reflects our commitment to ensure that patients with sleep disorders receive the highest quality of care.
What Happens During a Sleep Study?
When you arrive at the 睡眠实验室 for your sleep study, a sleep technician will greet you at the door and show you to your private suite, equipped with a bed, television and Wi-Fi access. You can make yourself at home and adjust the temperature to your comfort level.
As you prepare for bed, you will complete a questionnaire about your sleep habits. The technician will then place painless monitors on your head, chest and legs. These electrodes monitor vital signs, including your oxygen level, heart and breathing rates, and whether or not there are disruptions in your sleep cycle. Technicians also monitor 打鼾, and movement of your arms and legs in your sleep.
Once the study is complete, your physician will receive a report on your sleeping patterns that you can review together to form a treatment plan.
Prepping for Your 睡眠实验室 Visit
Make sure your visit is as successful as possible with these get-ready dos and don’ts:
- Don’t drink or eat caffeine on the day of your sleep study.
- Do bring your favorite pillow and comfortable sleep clothes.
- Do feel free to bring electronic devices, such as an iPad or iPhone. We do ask, however, that you turn these devices off before going to sleep.
- Do take medicines prior to coming to the 睡眠实验室, if possible. If you have any questions regarding your medicines, please call the 睡眠实验室 prior to your appointment.
- Do plan to spend at least nine hours at the 睡眠实验室.